Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Someday!


“If you think it is good for you, go ahead. Your words and promises would not hurt me if I knew you were happier. Association of six months should not come in the way of a lifelong decision, I don’t want you to regret this later.” Beauty was firm and meant every single word she said.

She could never be with a man who had doubts that he could have someone better. “If you think it was for money, I have enough of my own-thank you. I don’t care for the car either, in case you’ve forgotten you didn’t have one when we were introduced. Not your looks, if you so think, because that’s not something that would last forever besides I am no less. I don’t mind the social dogmas and the different background we hail from either.” Beauty had said to the Blithe on a previous occasion during the winter the previous year.

A few months later on a relaxed Saturday afternoon Blithe was back again, he asked how it was going with the lawyer…'it wasn’t going to go anywhere I suppose as it hasn’t been since last September! Though he would drop in every few weeks to check in if I changed my mind, a good man indeed but something went missing'. There have been many a men besides the lawyer that Beauty had turned down starting at the early age of nineteen.






“haha..little you and your big attitude!” remarked the Blithe…and beauty couldn’t stop smiling…those were the moments she cherished the most…he genuinely made her break through her serious avatar and laugh forgetting the whole world around, smile…smile even when he was long gone.

“I know you like mature kinds” he would say. “Do I really?” she would reconsider what she had once said. “Someone whose life is more sorted out.” Beauty would stare at the blank wall, “Hmm”.

She would have liked to say “someone I connect with like I do with you, someone I could open my heart to, shout when I am stressed, frown and smile at the same time at his silliest jokes.”

“Someone I would wait eagerly to talk to, who could connect with me emotionally and someone I could keep talking to till I fall asleep. Someone who would like to know each and every detail of my day, and someone I would talk to every few hours because I missed him. Someone whose day would be complete only after he talked to me and whose snore would make me fall even deeper for him.” She would have said.

“Someone I could connect spiritually too, when our souls would be lost in this big world searching for something unknown and I would stand at the end to encourage you, tell you that I believe in you.” She would have said.

“All of this and much more is why I feel so deeply for you. Though it has never been or perhaps would never be any formal bonding but I am connected to you at so many levels. We have maintained silence for undecided periods, have tried looking for someone special overlooking each other’s existence but no one has ever been or would ever be such natural a companion as we have been. It seems as our souls have been interwoven and are in a divine rhythm which gets sharper and higher…and it would take quite some time to come back and sync with the others that are played by notes and sung by a rehearsed choir.” She would have said.

It was late evening by this time and the Blithe had to go out with his friends; she kept all that to herself waiting for some more appropriate time. She looked at the sky drawing the curtains aside as she said “have a good time, bye” and smiled all by herself. He made her feel so good! “I’ll catch you once I am back, stay up” he said being happy and satisfied.

         …the Blithe never got to know why he was so special to her…



1 comment: